Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I Have A New Blog!

First post! Yay! I'll have a lot of work to do on this blog. This will chronicle my journey from naive novice to published children's illustrator. It's pretty much a journal for me, but I hope it will help you. So, the basics are... - Read children's books! - Pay attention to how the words flow. - Pay attention to how the illustrations flow. - Pay attention to how the words and illustrations interact. - Pay attention to how the characters are developed. - Draw a lot. - Write a lot (even if all you want to do is illustrate). - Post to Illustration Friday. - Join SCBWI. I'll also be exploring other ways to illustrate for kids than just books. There's magazines, mass market like education and package design, and more. I'll be trying to get into all of it. So... let's begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment