Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What I'm Reading

Right now, Writing Picture Books and Breaking into Freelance Illustration. If you're interested in picture books, Arthur Levine highly recommended Writing with Pictures: How to Write and Illustrate Children's Books by Uri Shulevitz. Mine is on order. But right now I am reading Writing Picture Books: A Hands-On Guide from Story Creation to Publication by Ann Whitford Paul. So far, it's a great read and I'll review it further later. Also, re-reading Breaking into Freelance Illustration by Holly DeWolf. Holly is a friend of mine, but even if she wasn't, I would highly recommend this book. Basics, how-tos, and inspiration. My first launching pad.

I need to make a little money, so I'm looking into freelance. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve and I'll be sharing those as I move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment